Monday, December 18, 2006

Change the train of thought


Well, hello again guys! I just came from Dennery, at the school and every body i meet is still very much amazed at the elections! It is actually the hottest thing going on! People are arguing and making allegations about both parties, threatening each other and every thing else....Wow!!! Im truly amazed and still stunned!!

Well, i think i should try to change the topic that is consuming our thoughts at this point! Let's see!! Where exactly can I go! Im not trying to trivialize the fact that all of our lives may or may not be in jeopardy....lol....Im just trying to transfer our attention, so that we may not die of a heart attack because of sheer joy or complete rage....lol...In my case, it could simply be "death by the ultimate shock" after all, who could truly fathom that the UWP is the new government of St Lucia? I mean really? Not even the UWP themselves! They must certainly still be in shock! The evening of elections, my Mom and my other significant family members did everything but cry! We are still consumed by the shock ! I think Jenin still goes around listening to the news for the tiny hope that the outcome of the elections was a humongous error because, I mean, the SLP, lost!!!!

So, in an attempt to change the subject, I have decided to ask a very serious question. Are we really ready for the second coming of Christ? To tell you the truth, I dont think that I am! I am not sure when I will be ready but it is always a good idea to try our best to remain close to Christ, no matter what we may be battling in our lives. I can tell you that it is not very easy to stay grounded in Christ, especially with the many temptations that look so very desirous to us. However, with indepth and fervent study of the bible, we can attain a a relationship with God. In order for that relationship to be sustained, we need to continue with our morning and evening devotion.

A strong relationship with God will result in strengthening of faith. If our faith grows, then ultimately we will want to go around witnessing and telling others about the love of Jesus. As the bible has commanded, we should go forth and preach the gospel to all the world!

Last Sabbath, at the Ti rocher SDA, pastor Stephen was preaching on Saul, and the drastic change that occurred within him when he got to know Jesus; thus becoming Paul! Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ. This was his life's mission and in second Timothy, Paul suggested, " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith,. Henceforth....." (read your bible)
I dont think we can go about saying that we have fought a good fight or that we have kept the faith, but we could at least try to be like Paul who was imprisoned and yet worshipped, thanked and praised God with his entire being....Let us make this vow to simply have at least some of the faith that Paul possessed!

Anyway guys, it is always nice to talk to you and to hear your views as well! QAt this point, Arriverderci! Until we meet again!

No comments: