Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I am Afraid!!


What time of day does a thief break into a house? I think it more plausible that if their intent is to steal, they’d probably show up during the day(the time of day) when they believe the house to be empty.

What kind of person then tries to break into a house when every living soul is definitely within the walls asleep in slumber’s embrace?? A rapist? A murderer? A mad man?

Last night, after devotion, I closed my eyes and went to sleep. I was deep in the arms of sleep when suddenly something – something non-human asked me to get up with urgency. Someone was at my window trying to get in and though my humanity assumed that it was just my mother trying to get me to open the door for her, something else told me to get off the bed.

I rushed off the bed and never had I been so afraid. The fear was not because of the fact that there was someone at my window (there were bars of course). The fear was derived from this question, at midnight, what was the person’s objective?

A thief comes in when the house is empty because their intention is to steal but who comes in when the house is filled?? Who comes in at midnight?? A murderer?? A rapist? A mad man??
That is what caused my fear because due to the bars which cover my window, no one can enter but what kind of man would try??

I got off the bed and I went to sleep somewhere else after we established that the person I heard was indeed trying to get in. I could not close my eyes because I kept thinking; Who comes to a house filled with people?? Faces kept flashing in my head and because I could not make assumptions, everyone provoked fear within me!.

From then, not knowing the individual’s aim has paralyzed me with fear!!

A thief would come into a house to steal so it is practical that he’d come when the house is empty! What kind of person tries to enter a house pregnant with life?? A murderer? A rapist?? A mad man??

I am consumed with fear!!

Ah well, have a wonderful day and be blessed!! Sayonara!

1 comment:

Nellie Butler said...

You tried to go back to sleep? Wow! LOL. I would've been waking up my husband, getting on the phone and dialing 911. Haha. Interesting blog here. I found you on linkreferral:)