Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Consummation

Last night, I dreamed that I was writing a book and in my fairytale subconscious the book was incredibly well written with the right twists and turns and I even surprised myself. After a few minutes, I slightly shifted from slumber’s embrace and I could still remember what the book was about so I promised myself that when I was fully awake, that I would begin to type up the ingenious information that was over powering my dreams.

However, when I got up this morning, I could not remember what the book was about. Though my desire was there to write, I had lost the gift that had been given so freely yet so sparingly.

It seems that is how life works for us though! We are offered something great, something that could drastically transform our lives for the better and we hesitate! When we hesitate – we blink, we take a moment to consider – as speedily as the gift was revealed, it more quickly disappears.

How many gifts did we allow to slip away from us? How many good ideas did we delay until we forgot what they were?

I remember wanting so many things! I remember these desires being so close that I could literally taste them. But with my hesitations and constant thinking about the pros and cons, these desires, these dreams have gotten away from me.

If I had woken up to write that book, do you think my world would have been different?? Or at least my opinion of myself?? But then again, if I had gotten up, my heightened pessimism would have inhibited my creative juices.

My dreams are drifting away from me and soon I will be one of these people who are permanently drenched with the desire to be bitter.

Let not your dreams, and desires be tiny specks that aimlessly move about the universe! Before the idea is even visible, grab and wait for your transformation! Do not be hesitant and allow things to slip away because when they do, all you have is nothing but a stagnant existence!

But the reception of the dream rocks the boat, even a little and thus makes us more contented!

Some of us are living in this two by four existence and sooner or later we will be suffocated by the desperate need we feel and the lack that is so obviously filthying up our lives.

Do something about it!! Dream! Desire!! And when a speck of light passes your way, grab it so that you can be illuminated and so your life can stop being the rut we all know it is. It is important that we light our hearts up because then it is sustained for another season. Hold on to the light!!

Ah well, have an evening filled with goodness and absolute joy. Adieu!!

2 comments:

annalee said...

why bother dream?...pessimism and sarcasm becomes you...this is the merlie your family loves right and since...[see me in chambers for the rest...xoxo]

Anonymous said...

I find it troubling that when you put thought into writing such a beautiful post, reflecting a little of the hope you have- your recognition that infact dreams are worth holding onto, and following..
It is greeted with such a negative comment.

Never forget to surround yourself with all that is beautiful and positive...this includes the people you allow in your circle of influence.

Pessimissm and sarcasm does not become you.
They make you weak, make you prey to failure..and a failure that is of your own making.
Don't trap yourself in your mind, don't guard your thoughts with negativity..don't stifle your ambitions.
And most definitely, people who push you in the direction of death as a form of release, or pessimism and sarcasm as positive characteristics..should be reassessed..their contribution to your life may be less than God desires for you.

Dreams are only dreams if we don't believe. But if we choose to ask, with faithfulness, then we will receive. Christ has promised this.

Never forget, but choose instead to go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Maktub-it is written.