Friday, March 03, 2006

Introduction

Hi there, i figured i should tell you a little bit about myself, since this is my first page!Well, lets see......ummmm!First of all, you should know that I am the crazy looking individual in the picture! The person behind me is my cousin and though she may not look crazy, we all know that looks can be decieving!!Anyway, my name is Malica but most people call me Merlie!Most people also think that Im crazy (not in a psychotic way) but more of a funny, friendly, sorta nutty way!But i dont mind, I like being labelled nutty, for some reason!!Anyway, i enjoy reading good literature; poetry, autobiographies, historical books and/or plays and sociology!I enjoy writing poetry very much because somehow i always feel good after writing any type of poetry! Ummm....I have many favourite books that I read over and over! I just happened to have done them at A Level (most of them)...Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys, Macbeth by William Shakepeare, The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams, Omeros by Derek Walcott and so on! I enjoy listening to good music!Some of my friends say that the music I listen to is depressing but I enjoy them very much!My favourite artists are Jewel, Sarah Mclachlan, India Arie, Alanis Morissette, Cher, Reba Mcintire etc! Love listening to those singers! I also like listening to Rod Stewart, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Marvin Gaye, Barry White, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bette Midler, Diana Ross and the Supremes etc. I enjoy going to the beach with my family and friends, thats always fun because I love the water! I stay in it for hours upon hours just enjoying the water and thinking about any and everything!!I like giving jokes and making fun of things!I can be very sarcastic and a total pain!Everyone who knows me, knows that!Although I can be totally mean, Im not a mean person, I just enjoy kidding around!
What else about me??...Well, I have a pretty large family, although I am my Mom's only child!I have an infinite number of first cousins and many many many other relatives! I love them all! They are all different in their own unique way and I wouldnt change, not one of them!They all have their issues and if they didnt have them, I dont think I would love them as much!I am close to most of my cousins!I have a cousin who is exactly my age!We were born in the same month! His name is Denis Brad, we have been close friends from the day we were born and we have never stopped!He is a very intelligent young man, and everyone who knows him, knows that he is a kind hearted, selfless person!!I am also very close with two other cousins of mine who also happen to be my older sisters!The one in the pic, is the eldest one, Jenin!She is a lovely individual!She likes joking around and making fun of me!She is very intelligent and a fun person to be around!I have admired her intelligence and wit for as long as i can remember and I am very proud of her for all of what she has accomplished in her life!The younger one, Myia, is crazier than I am in a wonderfully, refreshing way!She enjoys taking risks and having fun!She is also a very dependable and trustworthy friend!So you see, all of my family members are wonderful and if i were to take the time to describe each of their wonderful qualities, I would never end!By the way, once you meet Jenin, you will have all the answers as to why I am the way I am....lol....
Anyway. what else?...I did English Literature and Sociology at Alevel and I did well because it is always good to do somethings that you love and I loved those subjects!I now teach at a secondary school, in Dennery, called the Clendon Mason Memorial Secondary School!Its a pretty cool, school!Well....at least the teachers are nice.....lol....I teach english to form ones, twos and threes!If you ask me hows it going, I will punch your lights out!....There is a moment after you get punched in the stomach, where you find it impossible to breathe because of the severe pain in the abdomen( that's how much fun Im having, teaching)....lol....I love it!!....lol...Some people, the more they feel pain, the more they yearn for it!!Anyway, what else can I tell you?This is my basic intimate portrait!I have had people who severely impacted my life and caused me to want to be a better person(note the word "want"....lol....)Persons other than my family members, I mean!!Let's see, at Secondary School: Wendy Monrose and Telmarline Paul Louis, they have continued being great guides in my life!Ensuring that I always think things through and I always do my best in everything that I do!(Wendy is continuously showing me, who's boss and obviously, it's not me......lol....she is awesome and I admire her a great deal)
Let's see, at A level, I still had those two constants but i was greatly impacted by two great teachers: Lindy Eristhee, who had the patience of an unearthly being!I had the most fun in her classes because i loved the subject and I always wanted to do my best at it! Hugh Maitre, believe it or not, taught me that it doesnt matter who likes you, it just matters that you like yourself!He also taught me to be a better English student!! The Literature Crew: the Lities, taught me true friendship, loyalty, and how to make a total ass of yourself and still be brilliant!!(I wonder what happened to our arched enemies: a set of students who despised us and to their horror, we enjoyed every second of it.....lol....)It's not arrogance, We were the best Literature students in the history of that school and the greatest of friends(Lovely St Amie, Nelsha Roseman, Kendy Jean, Kaiser Taylor and of course, Me....lol...)!!Gosh, I miss those guys!!
What else do i have to say?Oh right!!I talk alot wich is why this blog is soooo long.....lol....Oh i almost forgot to say hello to my closest and dearest friend!Someone who knows me better than I know myself and she loves me nonetheless(not out of obligation but out of friendship), that would be Elpha Neptune!That's a heck of a friend!!!She has taught me a great deal!!

This is basically me, in a nut shell: Crazy, crazy and oh yeah, Crazy!!!

1 comment:

annalee said...

your 'Lities' group was bigger than the Kima and Shanette duo, tis true, but that you were better than us my dear is a fallacy...

Elpha Neptune, your closest friend?

Wai! Daddy say don't join the fete gyal!